As a Senior Urban Designer at SvN your mission will be to work with our fantastic team of architects, urban designers and planners to deliver beautiful, forward-thinking solutions that re-imagine and re-set the relationship between buildings, landscape and infrastructure. Your ability to lead innovative and profitable projects will contribute to the evolution of SvN’s Planning + Design practice. You are a strong leader with a positive attitude who is rigorous and comprehensive but always creative. You are comfortable managing multi-disciplinary teams. You understand urban issues, thrive on challenging work and highly value good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Projects will be implemented to a remarkable level, on-time and on-budget;Successfully procure (or assist in procuring) urban design and firm-wide projects, through proposal writing, speaking engagements and public relations;
- Through informal mentorship, Intermediate/ Junior UD team members will expand their capacity and range as designers;
- Presentations and material for the client/ stakeholder/ public will be exceptional, based on rigorous analysis and highly graphic.
Qualifications / Core Areas of Expertise
- Masters Degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, or Urban Design;
- Minimum 8 years of experience;
- Professional Registration with OAA, OALA or equivalent;
- Proven project management experience of multi-disciplinary project teams;
- Demonstrated success representing public and private sector clients before municipal councils and approval authorities;
- Proficiency in graphic tools including Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Rhino and Revit. Experience with GIS and MicroStation an additional asset.
How to Apply
You can apply for this position through LinkedIn or send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Senior Urban Designer.” Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. No agencies please: unsolicited CVs from third party agencies will not be considered. No phone calls please.