As a Senior Planner at SvN your mission will be to work with our fantastic team of planners, urban designers and architects to deliver pragmatic and forward-thinking solutions that re-imagine and re-set the relationship between buildings, landscape and infrastructure. Your ability to lead innovative and profitable projects will contribute to the evolution of SvN’s Planning + Design practice. You are a strong leader with a positive attitude who is rigorous and comprehensive but always creative. You understand urban issues, thrive on challenging work and highly value good working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Seamlessly marry the practices of planning and design;
- Assist in procuring a mix of public and private sector projects;
- Support the Urban Design & Community Planning Lead to pursue, execute and deliver strategic plans and dynamic policy documents rooted in a deep understanding of the implications on the built environment;
- Broaden the area of practice to tackle critical urban issues;
- Increase SvN’s visibility through articles and publications; awards submissions; presentations; networking; and participation in the broader community of planning + design professionals.
Qualifications / Core Areas of Expertise
- Masters Degree in Planning;
- Minimum six years of experience in urban planning in North America;
- Demonstrated ability to marry the practice of planning + urban design;
- Fluent and deep experience with Provincial, Regional and Municipal Policy (Growth Planning, Supportive ‘Infrastructure’ Planning (e.g. Transportation and Movement, Housing), secondary plans, framework plans, hub/ corridor studies, etc.);
- Community Design (Area Specific Design Framework + Policy Development + Parameters for the Built and Public Realm Environments);
- Public-Private Partnerships/ Third-Party Delivery Mechanisms;
- Development Approvals (including Development Management);
- Social and Environmental Sustainability Planning + Design.
How to Apply
You can apply for this position through LinkedIn or send your application to email@example.com, with subject line “Senior Planner.” Only candidates invited to interview will be contacted. No agencies please: unsolicited CVs from third party agencies will not be considered. No phone calls please.