SvN Principal Drew Sinclair will speak during today’s Creative City Toronto event at the University of Waterloo’s School of Architecture. Creative City Toronto, which is hosted by Waterloo Architecture’s Large Urban Building Design Studio, is a symposium that explores next-generation city-making. Drew will speak at the end of the day, after presentations by:
- Michael Leckman, Principal, Diamond and Schmitt Architects – On the Ground in the Creative City
- Lori Martin, Senior Cultural Affairs Officer, City of Toronto – Liberty Village: Gentrification and Development Pressures
- André Sorensen, Chair Human Geography, University of Toronto Scarborough – Choices for Scarborough: Transit, Walking and Intensification in Toronto’s Inner Suburbs
- Kim Storey, Partner, Brown and Storey Architects Inc. – Reconfiguring our Historical Infrastructure into a New Civic Regeneration
- Donald Chong, Partner, Williamson Chong Architects – Site Unseen: An Incremental Urbanism for Toronto
- Janne Corneil, Principal, Corneil Collaborative – Law of Accelerating Returns
The event is open to all graduate and undergraduate students and the general public, free of charge. It will take place in Lawrence Cummings Lecture Hall on Monday March 2, 2015 from 10 am – 5:30 pm.