Position: Intermediate Architectural Technologist
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2017
SvN is a dynamic team of architects, planners, community developers and urban designers immersed in the practical art and science of building resilient communities. We work in partnership with public and private clients and stakeholders to create visionary ideas, and find ways to render them viable. Over the past forty years, our team has helped to shape the built environment in regions, cities, and towns across Canada and around the world. We’ve revitalized industrial waterfronts, developed many new forms of affordable housing, designed resilient neighbourhoods, and promoted the economic development of both rural and urban regions.
Our firm is continually evolving and is engaged in architectural work that covers a broad range of typologies. Current projects include new multi-family housing, mixed use commercial/industrial buildings (brewery, office, event spaces), daycares, and church renovations. We offer a highly collaborative, team based environment with a collegial atmosphere that encourages design dialogue. Weekly design meetings foster a culture of critical conversation and summer drinks on the rooftop patio help bring our energetic group of people closer together. We’re looking for individuals that want to help build this model of practice.
SvN offers full health benefits, a generous professional development allowance and a group retirement savings plan. Our airy, bright suite of offices is at 110 Adelaide Street East, near the St. Lawrence market in downtown Toronto.
We are looking for an intermediate architectural technologist to join our design studio and contribute to a number of ongoing architectural projects. This position is technically focused and requires an individual that can synthesize strong design intent with technical resolution. This position will require the ability to carry out tasks in a self-directed manner while contributing to strong teams in our collaborative office. We have a fluid approach to design that encourages input at all levels and are looking for candidates that will invest in projects with the same level of passion that we bring to our work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Technology;
- 4-7 years of experience, preferably within architectural offices;
- Solid technical understanding of building construction detailing including experience in multi-unit wood construction (including familiarity with engineered wood design) and mid- and high-rise residential; experience in multiple typologies an asset (e.g. commercial, industrial, & transit);
- Highly skilled in construction drawings, building science, and building code implementation;
- Experience with contract administration a valuable asset;
- Exceptional communication, organization and interpersonal skills with proficiency in English;
- Advanced or expert user of AutoCAD, Revit, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Apply by emailing your cover letter, resume and sample of work with subject line “Intermediate Architectural Technologist” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is March 31, 2017. While we will keep all applications on file, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.